This is continuation of http://blog.kris-lab.com/2016/05/01/art-3dvr-challenge-waiting-for-camera/ and part of Chihuahua-VR platform (see also VR tags).
It took almost 4 weeks to receive e-con System cameras. Both “4K USB 3.0 Camera Board” are fully operating on OSX, Linux and Windows. The camera module is built of 2 boards:
- CMOS Image Sensor with ISP and MIPI/CSI-2 interface
- MIPI/CSI-2 to USB3.0 bridge with UVC
I have taken shoots with typical GoPro lenses (150° degree, 11MP, M12). It captures video preview with following command on the Jetson TX1 (carrier board Auvidea J100):
export DISPLAY=:0 nvgstcapture-1.0 --camsrc=0 --prev-res=4
It is also possible to use Gstreamer pipeline, but I have found some performance issues when 1080p was captured/displayed. I guess, it was the problem with video playback
DISPLAY=:0 XAUTHORITY=/home/ubuntu/.Xauthority gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1,format=YUY2 ! videoconvert ! ximagesink
- image quality is a bit downgraded because of conversion to h264 during capturing (HDMI->USB2.0 with Elgato HD60 Pro).
- the camera module ISP is set to defaults.
- during my shots there was very cloudy weather in London
- I have used small light spot in the scene.
Multiple parts of my blogpost have its source in remote articles, blogposts and wiki for which I have no rights. I am not able to link all external sources to my blogpost. I would like to say thank you to everyone who shares the knowledge publicly. If you think I have illegally used any of your thoughts, products, patents please let me know and I will remove related information asap.
© COPYRIGHT KRZYSZTOF STASIAK 2016. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED